Destiny of Souls by Michael Newton, Llewellen Publications, 2000.
(From book cover) Enter the Heart of the Spirit World. In Destiny of Souls, 67 people just like you recall their life between lives through Dr. Newton's personal work in spiritual hypnotherapy. Based on his groundbreaking research into the afterlife, this book is designed both for first-time venturers into the subject and for readers of Dr. Newton's best-selling first volume, Journey of Souls.
Explore the meaning behind your own spiritual memories as you read the stories of people in deep hypnosis and learn fascinating details about:
- Our purpose on Earth
- Spiritual settings where souls go after death
- Ways spirits connect with and comfort the living
- Spirit guides and the council of wise beings who interview us after each life
Links between soul groups and human families
Soul recreation and travel between lives
The soul-brain connection
Why we choose certain bodies
"Journey of Souls was my first pilgrimage with my clients through the spirit world on the great river of eternity. Destiny of Souls will take you on a second expedition into the wonders of the spirit world along the same river, with side trips up major tributaries. Our exploration will uncover more of the hidden aspects of the route taken after death and expand your understanding of the incredible sense of order within the afterlife."…….Dr. Michael Newton
As was the case in his first book, Dr. Newton believes that the hypnotic responses of his subjects concerning the afterlife provide credible information because of the great consistency in their reports, even using the same words and graphic descriptions, because he has no indication of anyone attempting to fake their spiritual existence, because he treats each case as if he is hearing the information for the first time, and because of his efforts to corroborate specific functional activities of souls during regression sessions.
- Because a portion of a soul remains in heaven during reincarnation, soulmates are never truly apart.
- Spirits can use directed energy beams to provide comfort to those whom they left on earth.
- Some spirits have the capability to modify occuring human dreams or generate new dreams in order to transmit messages and alleviate grief.
- Souls lose negative emotions after crossing over.
- There are special spirits who are concerned with bringing ghosts back into the spirit world.
- Possession of a human by an evil spirit does not take place.
- No patient of Dr. Newton has ever been met by Jesus or Buddha upon crossing over.
- Wrongdoing needs to be redressed in a future life.
- Souls can become contaminated by their earth bodies and will require energy restoration.
- Energy restoration takes place upon arrival of the spirit after earth death.
- Healing capability developed in the spirit world can be used on earth by incarnated practitioners.
- Souls are "born" in heaven in a nursery and cared for by spirit specialists.
- Past bodies inhabited by a soul are rarely in the same genetic line (family) as their present body.
- Soul groups generally experience classroom surroundings.
- "Libraries" contain books for each spirit that contain events of past lives and alternate paths that might have been taken.
- Besides core or basic colors, spirits will also have a secondary halo color representing attitudes and beliefs.
- Humans do not reincarnate in other animal forms (transmigrate).
- Animals go to their own section of heaven.
- In the Council of Elders, spirits feel a Presence, an even higher force than that represented by the Council.
- A pair of primary soulmates were independently regressed by Dr. Newton to the same incident in their most recent past lives.
- Spirits make use of leisure time for recreation.
- Spirits can return to earth on a recreational visit.
- Souls graduate from their primary groups into specialty groups.
- Certain souls create inanimate and animate objects in newly emerged planets.
- Some souls travel in several dimensions.
Primary Reasons to Read this Work
Dr. Newton's work has provided the most comprehensive model of the afterlife that is available, based upon hypnotic regression sessions from a large number of subjects. This second book provides a large increase in the depth of spiritual material covered. The strongest reason for belief in this model is the great degree of similarity in all of his patient reports. It provides a framework of fact and spiritual organization that can be used for comparison with similar information derived from other sources.
| Home Page |