(From book cover) A groundbreaking guide on spiritual regression hypnotherapy. Dr. Michael Newton is world famous for his spiritual regression techniques that take hypnotic subjects back to their time in the spirit world. His two best-selling books of client case studies, Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls, have left thousands of readers eager to discover their own afterlife adventures, their soul companions and guides, and their purposes in this lifetime.
Now, for the first time in print, Dr. Newton reveals his step-by-step methods. His experiential approach to the spiritual realms sheds light on the age-old questions of who we are, where we came from, and why we are here. This groundbreaking guidebook, designed for both hypnosis professionals and the general public, completes the afterlife trilogy by Dr. Newton.
Summary of Spiritual Principles
The Appendix to Dr. Newton's third book book contains the following summary of spiritual principles which have been validated by his experience in over 7000 Spiritual Regressions. There is a very high degree of correlation between these principles and those described by spirit guides in the Afterlife 101 book on this website.
1. The soul cannot be defined or measured because it has no limits that are perceived about its divine creation. The most consistent reports of the soul's demonstrated essence is that it represents intelligent energy that is immortal and manifested by specific vibrational waves of light and color.
2. All human beings have one soul that remains attached to its chosen physical body until death. Souls do play a part in the selection of their next physical body during cycles of reincarnation. The soul typically joins its physical body after conception, between the fourth month and birth.
3. Each soul has a unique immortal character. When conjoined with a human brain, this ego character is melded with the emotional temperament, or human ego, of that body to produce a single but temporary personality for one lifetime. This is what is meant by the duality of our mind.
4. While soul memory may be hidden from the level of conscious awareness through amnesia, thought patterns of the soul influence the human brain to induce motivations for certain actions.
5. Souls reincarnate with human beings for countless lifetimes to advance through levels of development by addressing karmic tasks from former lifetimes. Each personality in every life contributes to the evolution of the soul. Souls grow in knowledge and wisdom through this learning process while pondering their thoughts and deeds in past lives under the direction of their spiritual teachers between lives.
6. Our planet is one of an incalculable number of worlds that serve as training schools for the advancement of souls. During temporary physical incarnations on Earth, souls are provided an opportunity to advance through trial and error to accumulate wisdom. Humans are not bound to a predetermined existence. Various possibilities and probabilities arising from karmic influences and prior soul contracts are subject to the free will of the soul.
7. Earth is a place of great beauty and joy but also harbors ignorance, hate, and suffering that are man-made combined with natural planetary disasters over which we have little control. Coping with these positive and negative elements on Earth is by design. This planet is a testing ground for souls rather than being a place of evil, demonic influence from outside our world. Spiritual malevolence does not exist within the divine order of love and compassion that comprises our spiritual origins.
8. Personal enlightenment emanates from within each of us and endows humans with the capability to reach our own divine power without intermediaries.
9. At the moment of physical death the soul returns to the spirit world and the source of its creation. Since a portion of a soul's energy has never left the spirit world during incarnation, the returning soul rejoins with that essence of itself. Thus, spiritual learning never ceases for the soul. The spirit world also offers souls the opportunity for rest and reflection between physical lives.
10. Souls appear to be members of specific spirit cluster groups to whom they have been assigned since their creation. The teachers of each group are the personal spirit guide of members of that group. Spiritual companions of these groups reincarnate with the soul and assume meaningful roles in the drama of a soul's life on Earth.
11. Rather than being defined as a place of ultimate inaction, or nirvana, the spirit world appears to be a space of transition for souls who evolve into higher energy forms with capabilities for creation of animate and inanimate objects. The soul's energy itself has been created by a higher source. The spirit world has an area of influence that is undefined except that it appears to include our universe and nearby dimensions.
12. No earthly religious deities are seen in the spirit world by returning souls. A soul's closest connection to a divine power is with their personal spirit guide and members of a council of benevolent counselors who monitor the affairs of each soul. Souls from Earth feel and sense the presence of a godlike Oversoul or Source emanating from above the wise beings who make up individual councils.
13. The spirit world seems to be directed by highly advanced non-reincarnating soul specialists who regulate the work of the souls in their care. When incarnating souls develop to higher levels of wisdom and performance themselves, they will cease to incarnate and take their place among these specialists, who will assist the still-incarnating souls. Soul specialists apparently are selected by motivation, talent, and performance.
14. The ultimate goal of all souls appears to be the desire to seek and find perfection, and finally conjoin with the Source who created them.
Dr. Newton's work has provided an extremely comprehensive and credible model of the afterlife, based upon hypnotic regression sessions from a large number of subjects. This third and final volume provides additional case descriptions but, most importantly for the general reader, it describes the process which Dr. Newton has developed in order to minimize untoward directive influence during the regression session but at the same time to achieve maximum therapeutic progress for the client during his or her session. The wife of the editor of this Afterlife 101 website had such a life-between-lives regression session with Dr. Newton in 1999. A review of the audiotape of this session provided this editor an excellent personal demonstration of the techniques described in this current book and validation of their use.
The Newton Institute for Life Between Lives Spiritual Regression, founded by Dr. Newton for the purpose of providing information and referral services to people interested in Life Between Lives Spiritual Regression.
| Home Page |